Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas 2009

We had so much fun this Christmas.  The kids had a full 2 weeks off of school and it was so nice to not have a bedtime and not have to get up early or correct homework.  Finishing the basement just before the break was perfect timing.  I don't know if it was because everyone had their own space or the newness of it all but they love hanging out in the basement which keeps the house so quiet and they didn't fight much over the 2 weeks they were out of school.  We started celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve.  Unfortunately Hunter got sick the night before so just the girls and I went to my parents for Christmas Eve.  Grammy always gives them new jammies and we always have lasagna.  It was a little different this year with Grampa not feeling good and the Englis' not there but it was fun.


Jaycee's new jammies




Isabelle in her new jammies


Aspen in her new jammies.
{Hunter wasn't there and I never did get a picture of him in his new jammies}
We spent Christmas morning at home.  We just started doing this about 3 years ago and I love it!  I video the whole thing with the video camera and didn't take one still shot.  The kids loved everything they got and Ryan suprised me with the new cricut and a laptop.  I was very spoiled this year.

The day after Christmas we went back to my parents to open the rest of our presents.  Kristy and her family were able to come down just for the day.  We even had Mike there via internet and web cam.  This year Grammy and Grampa Craig gave each of the kids a money tree.  It was a little Christmas tree with 20 one dollar bills rolled up and stuck on the branches.

Aspen with her money tree.
All the kids thought these were so cool.  Everyone loves getting money.

Jaycee and Josh.  Wow they are growing up so fast.

Jaycee is definately becoming a teenager.  Her favorite store is Aeropostale and she got quite a few things from there this year.  You can tell how happy she is.

"I'm the king of the world"
Hunter was feeling much better by Christmas morning and didn't miss out on anymore of the celebrating.

The Sunday after Christmas we were able to spend the day with the Cook side of the family.  Ryan's brother and his family were here.  We all went to church together and just spent the day together playing with new toys and new games.  It was the best Christmas ever....until next year.

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are awesome. It was a fun Christmas, huh! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good Christmas! Glad to hear you had a great one! Here's to a great upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a fun Christmas! I'm glad Hunter got to enjoy most of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta love new jammies for Christmas!! I know I do even though I never get myself any!! It sounds like you had a great Christmas. I bet your basement is awesome. It is so nice to have that extra space.
    I am glad Hunter wasn't sick for long and could still enjoy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete