Saturday, October 10, 2009

Elk Hunt


Ryan finally drew out on a limited entry elk hunt.  He hunted just east of Flaming Gorge near the 3 corners where Utah, Wyoming and Colorado meet.  His brother met him out there.  It was a successful hunt.  He left Morgan on Tuesday night.  Opening day was on Thursday.  He finally shot an elk on Saturday night just before dark.  Unfortunately he didn't take many pictures.  This first one is of the trees.

Apparantly there elk in this picture but I don't see them.  Do you?
What a nice sunset.


This is an elk they came across.  They figure it was shot in the bow hunt but never found.  Too bad.  After the DWR does an investigation to see if it was shot legally or not they may release the rack and let Ryan have it.

This is the elk Ryan shot.  At least the head.  He didn't get any pictures of it while on the mountain so this is the best we could do.  What an adventure.  On Sunday morning I had to drive out and get Ryan since he had 2 trailers to bring home.  The drive out wasn't bad we hit a little snow but it was a pretty good drive.  I was able to listen to conference all the way.  To get to where he was camped I had to leave the main road and travel about 6 miles on a dirt road.  After we got there we stayed for a little bit to eat lunch and help Ryan finish packing up a bit.  He hooked the 4 wheeler trailer up to the Suburban and he was pulling the camping trailer with the truck.  It had started to rain when I first got there so by the time we were ready to leave that dirt road and turned to slick mud.  Ryan was in front and I watched him slip and slide and lose control over and over.  I don't know what was more scary, watching him or knowing I had to do it myself.  It took us about and hour to go that 6 miles of dirt road.  What an adventure.

1 comment: