I have a lot to blog about so I am going to do it in one blog and hopefully it won't bore you too much. Back in October the kids participated in Red Ribbon week. This is where they learn to stay away from drugs and they get to dress up each day of the week. These are a few pictures from that week. Aspen was sick with the flu so missed out on Red Ribbon week.
This is what Jaycee wore for crazy day.
This was old school day. She reminds me of me when I was in Jr. High. Thanks to my awesome friend Willinda who helped us put this ensemble together.
Isabelle had to do crazy hair day and sport day on the same day because of her halloween program.
Hunter on sport day. He's really not a Yankee's fan but he does love baseball and this is what he had. Go Red Sox! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of him with his orange mohawk for crazy hair day.
Isabelle's class put on a really cute halloween program. She got to be a witch.
Carving pumkins. The kids know exactly what they want carved on their pumkins and rely on dad's artistic abilities to give them exactly what they want. He does a great job. He'll draw it out for them and then they get to transfer it onto the pumkin and carve it out. This year Jaycee carved the Mad Hatter's hat, Hunter did a skull with cross bones, Aspen did a Hannah Montana microphone and Isabelle did a Y for BYU. I carved a pirate princess skull. We always enjoy carving the pumkins.
This year for Halloween Jaycee wanted to be the Mad Hatter. I found this really cute costume online and couldn't resist. She looked adorable for her first 7th grade dance. Hunter was Captain Jack Sparrow. Aspen was Hannah Montana and Isabelle was a Pink Lady from the movie Grease. It was the perfect Halloween with nice weather. Our town holds a business Trick or Treat on the afternoon of Halloween which we love because it is still light out, warmer and we get a lot more candy. We come home from that eat dinner and go Trick or Treat the neighborhood. This year Jaycee went Trick or Treating with her friends for the first time. Everyone had a blast!
Hunter earned his Arrow of Light. The ceremony was cool. I got to paint his face and they gave him a really cool arrow. He loves scouts and really looks forward to earning his Eagle.
The kids did really great in their piano recital. This was Aspen's first one and she did so good. I don't think she was nervous at all. Jaycee played a duet with her piano teacher. It was an arrangement of I am a Child of God so she also got to play it in Sacrament Meeting. I'm so glad they enjoy music and playing the piano.
Another awesome birthday for me. My mom made me my favorite dinner and cake like always. She is the best. I got my own tools, some lotion, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, money, popcorn, and more stuff I can't think of at the moment. It was fabulous!
And finally we got free tickets to The Nutcracker ballet through our school so we had a girls day out. Me, Jaycee, Aspen, Isabelle, Grammy, and Gramma Shaun all went to the ballet. It was fun but it started about a hour late so it seemed a little long but we had fun. Hunter got to stay home with dad and Gramps and do some painting in the basement. More to come later about the basement.


























Jenny, you have such a beautiful family. And you look amazing. Can't believe we are all grown up!
ReplyDeleteFun! You are such a good mommy!
ReplyDeleteI love love love all those pictures.
ReplyDeleteAwesome memories for everyone. You guys are the best!