Monday, October 17, 2011

Nauvoo

I have to say Nauvoo has been my most favorite place so far.  It's all been awesome but I love love love Nauvoo.  The temple is so incredible!!  Jaycee and Hunter were able to go do baptisms in the morning and then we did a session in the evening.  The senior missionaries there are so cool.  I would love to serve a mission in Nauvoo.  The kids favorite part was the pioneer pastimes.  As you'll see in the pictures we got to dress like the pioneers and play games the pioneers played.  At the bakery we got a cookie.  At the Family Living Center we learned how to make rope and even made our own rope.  We also got a sample of bread.  At the brickyard we got a souvenir brick and at the blacksmith we all got a prarie diamond ring.  We also got to go on a wagon ride. I wish we could have stayed longer.  It was sad to leave.  I can only imagine how difficult it was for the saints to leave their beautiful city.  Carthage was very cool.  The spirit was so strong there.  I definately shed a few tears.

I will warn you there are a lot of pictures of Nauvoo.  I wish I knew how to make a slide show.  If anyone does and could let me know for future posts that would be awesome.  Enjoy!!









Carthage Jail

Wagon Ride


Grove where the saints would hold meetings.


As we were going down the 'Trail of Hope' or the road the saints went down to cross the river as they were leaving Nauvoo,  this is what you saw if you looked back.

This is what the barge looked like that took them across the river.


Joseph's Red Brick Store

Mansion House

Grave markers of Joseph, Hyrum, and Emma

The Homestead

School

Lucy Mack Smith's Home.

The Brickyard

Looking for ancestors in Nauvoo.



These next few pictures are in the Women's Garden.  We asked the kids to pick their favorite.

Jaycee picked the courting one.  YIKES!!




















Making a rope.




























The Mississippi River.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures. What a great trip for you guys! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete