Saturday, October 22, 2011

On our way home

3228 miles. 13 states. 2 weeks.  We are finally home.  In 2 days we drove from Winter Quarters Nebraska to home with a few stops along the way.  What an awesome trip.  Hopefully the kids will remember it.  I'm so glad we had this opportunity.  We had so much fun!!
Pony Express Station


Chimney Rock


At Chimney Rock they got to fill a wagon and see how much they could bring with them.

After a whole day of driving all the way across Nebraska we stopped in Scottsbluff.  FINALLY a hotel with a swimming pool. They were so excited!!





Martin's Cove was awesome and I wish we had more time there.  They did get to push a handcart and we were able to take a hike up into the cove.  






These statues are of the Sweetwater River crossing.





Thanks for the memories!! I'll never forget it!!

1 comment:

  1. Way a great trip for you all! Can't wait for dinner next week to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete