Friday, November 19, 2010

Disney World

A few weeks ago a good friend of mine called me and asked if I would have enough sky miles to go to Disney World with her.  Are you kidding me?  Of course I do when do we leave?  I have been wanting to go to Disney World forever but the cost of taking my whole family seemed out of reach.  I absolutely love Disneyland.  I have gone every year for the past 3 years and plan to go again next year.  I love it!!! Everything about it!  The music, the rides, the shows, the shopping, just the entertainment of it all and don't forget Mickey.  Everything about it is magical and I love taking my kids.  I was very excited to go to Disney World and see if it was better than Disneyland and worth the price to go.  My kids were less than thrilled when they found out I was going without them.  Oh well I was going.  We had a blast!  We flew out on Friday night.  Got up early on Saturday and went straight to Animal Kingdom.  We only had half a day to spend there so we had made a list of what we wanted to do most.  We did everything we wanted to and a couple of things more than once.  My favorite rides at Animal Kingdom were Everest and the Jungle Safari.  I loved the Lion King show!  We then hopped on the shuttle and went to Magic Kingdom.  The park stayed open till 2am and we were determined to stay as late as we could.  We made it till about 1am and we were done but I loved it!!!  It was just like being at Disneyland!  Sunday morning we slept in and then spent the day at Downtown Disney.  Love to shop!  Especially for Disney stuff.  We went to a place called Disney Quest which is a indoor arcade with 4 levels of arcade games and virtual games and rides.  We got to design our own roller coaster and then get in a simulator and ride it.  It was Awesome!!!  On Monday we got up early again and headed to Hollywood Studios.  Once again we only had half a day so we hit the highlights.  I loved the Rockin Rollercoaster and the Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania was definitely worth the wait in line.  We left there and went to Epcot.  Such a cool park!  I really wish we had more time there.  Soarin is one of my most favorite rides.  Epcot closed at 9 but Hollywood Studios was open till 11 so we went back there to ride the Rockin Rollercoaster a few more times.  On Tuesday we came home.  It was a fun trip.  Fast but fun.  As for taking my kids.  I don't know.  They would really like to go but I think Disneyland is still my favorite and definitely more affordable.  We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. So fun!! I would love to take Liam just to see the Toy Story thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to do that. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous, it sounded like you had a blast, good for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drooling at this post. I love love love anything Disney. I took the kids to Disney world two years ago. I loved animal kingdom so much, that I seriously dream about it. It would be amazing to go when you don't have to worry about strollers, and potty breaks, and rides that the kids can't go on, therefore I can't go on. You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete