We had a nice Thanksgiving. Plans needed to be changed at the last minute but I am really thankful for my mom and all the hard work she put into having us all over for Thanksgiving this year when it was her "year off". It was so nice to see my sisters and for the cousins to play. I was especially excited to see my new niece Savannah. She was diagnosed with downs syndrome so the last time I saw her was in an incubator. I held and cuddled that precious little thing as much as I could. It was good to spend time together. I have been trying to focus on the things I am grateful for this month and thought I would list some of them in no particular order.
1. I am thankful for the internet. It keeps me connected to those I never get to see and I got a lot of my shopping done via the internet this year.
2. I am thankful for my cell phone and that my kids can reach me whenever.
3. I am thankful for my kids. They make me laugh.
4. I am thankful for my Suburban. We got almost a foot of snow and it was a little scarry even taking the kids to school.
5. I am thankful for my neighbors who will do anything for me with or without asking.
6. I am thankful for my friends. They love me for who I am.
7. I am thankful for the knowledge of the gospel.
8. I am thankful for my home and for the town I get to live in and raise my kids in.
9. I am thankful for my parents and brother and sisters and for the relationship I have with them.
10. I am thankful for my in-laws and for the relationship I have with them.
11. I am thankful for music and listening to my kids sing and play piano.
12. I am thankful for summertime.
13. I am thankful for good movies.
14. I am thankful for a really good book to read.
15. I am thankful for my gas fireplace and curling up by it with that really good book.
16. I am thankful for coca cola. Love that stuff.
17. I am especially thankful for my husband. You have to have a lot of patience to live with someone like me and he is perfect. I know he will always love me and I love him so much.
18. I am thankful that I got most of my Christmas shopping done today. I am determined to be ready for Christmas by Dec. 1st so I can just enjoy the anticipation and excitement and spirit of the holiday. We go shopping on black Friday every year and Ryan goes with me every year. He's the best. I only have a couple of things left. I need to find a stocking stuffer for Aspen and I need to figure out what to do for the neighbors. If anyone has any great ideas please feel free to share. I love this time of year. It really is the most wonderful time of the the year.




It was a great thanksgiving. I never thought I would be a black Friday shopper but it was totally worth it. love ya!
ReplyDelete