We had a fun Halloween this year. We had fall break on the 28th and 29th so the kids got to wear their costumes to school on Wednesday.....just Jaycee and Hunter though. Our Elementary school does not allow it but the Middle School and High School do. Don't ask. Anyway, Jaycee and all her friends decided to be witches. She made the skirt herself. I think she makes a pretty cute witch. Hunter's costume included a full mask which he could not wear to school so we found some pretty gross tatoos of wounds and put them all over his face neck and arms. They were pretty cool.
I should have taken a close up but he has a gash on his check, a nail coming out of his forehead, a fish hook in his neck......you get the idea.
On Friday I took them to Walmart to finally buy some pumpkins. The selection was actually pretty good. I told them we would carve them on Saturday as soon as all their chores were done thinking this would motivate them to get them done quickly. It didn't. I actually thought I would get out of doing it all together.
Also on Friday we did the annual business trick or treat. Every year the local businesses open their doors to trick or treaters during the day on Halloween. Since Halloween was on Sunday they chose to do this on Friday. I was a little annoyed at the thought that I had to dress my kids up in their costumes twice but it was such a nice day that day it turned out to be worth it. Its a really fun tradition and I hope its something they continue to do.
As you can see they did finish their chores in time to carve pumpkins.
This one is mine. Go Cougars!!!
Isabelle's
Hunter's
Aspen's
Jaycee's
Ryan wasn't home for the pumpkin carving so he didn't do one this year. However, he did get home just in time to clean up the mess. Usually, Ryan takes the kids out trick or treating and I stay home and hand out the candy. I thought it would be fun to all go this year and just leave the bowl of candy on the porch. Jaycee decided she would rather go with her friends which I expected and Hunter wanted to just stay home and hand out the candy while watching a scary movie. So, Ryan and I took Aspen and Isabelle and our big umbrella. Its been a long time since we only had 2 kids to take trick or treating. It was fun though. Even in the pouring rain. I bet we trick or treated for 3 hours. We had a great time.
Hunter in his real costume. He scared a few kids since he was answering the door like this.
Aspen and Isabelle.
I couldn't resist getting this costume. I tell them everyday that they are best friends. They really do get along great!
I think I bought about 175 pieces of candy and Hunter ran out and still had people coming to the door. He finally had to put a sign up. We ended up with a fair amount of candy. I'd say it was a pretty successful Halloween.
This is how much Aspen and Isabelle got together.
This is how much Jaycee got. She weighed it and it was about 5 pounds of candy.




Great costumes guys. The pumpkins are awesome. Sounds and looks like Halloween was a good one.
ReplyDeleteI love your pumpkins, they turned out great. We need to drive to your neighborhood to trick or treat! Our kids got very little candy, but I'm OK with that. ;)
ReplyDelete